RegistrationTickets can be purchased securely online from KarensCookies.net at this URL:
We are limited to 450 spots.
For more information about the registration date, refunds, etc. please click here.
Registration FeeThe registration fee for the convention is $259. For your registration fee, you will receive:
Lisa Snyder • The Bearfoot Baker
Lisa is the cookie decorator and blogger known as The Bearfoot Baker. She has been decorating cookies for many years, and started her blog in 2012. Her cute cookie style and generous personality have earned her thousands of loyal fans. Lisa lives in the beautiful foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, where she loves to photograph (and chase away!) all kinds of living creatures, including the bear that inspired her cookie name! In 2014, she published her first book, 100 Animal Cookies: A Super Cute Menagerie to Decorate Step-by-Step, which features the cute cookie versions of many of her furry friends. Lisa’s fun, “Don’t Wait! Let’s Create!” attitude is infectious and inspiring. We will be pleased to hear Lisa address us during the CookieCon Opener.
Tentative Schedule (subject to change)Please click here for a more detailed 2015 schedule for attendees
Thursday September 24th
- 1:00pm - 5:00pm: Check-in, meet and greet, hotel check-in, and set up cookie show entries in upstairs, pre-function area
- 6:00pm - 7:30pm: Welcome, Keynote Speech, Introductions, Housekeeping
Friday September 25th
Vendors will be available during the day to visit between classes. Attendees will be given schedules with specific classes in each of the time slots below. All attendees will be given the opportunity to go to each presenter's class. This will be an intense but fun day, full of great instruction, demos, and presentations.
- 6:00am - 8:00am: Vendor Booth Set-up
- 8:00am - 8:45am: Late comer registration and Cookie Show set-up (2nd Floor Event Area)
- 9:00am - 9:45am: First Class
- 10:00am - 10:45am: Second Class
- 11:00am - 11:45pm: Third Class
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm: Fourth Class
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm: Break for Lunch
- 2:00pm - 2:45pm: Fifth Class
- 3:00pm - 3:45pm: Sixth Class
- 4:00pm - 4:45pm: Seventh Class
- 5:00pm - 5:45pm: Eighth Class
Saturday September 26th
- 7:00am - 8:00am: Vendor Booth Set-up
- 8:00am - 4:00pm: Open Decorating, decorate mystery shape for contest (optional), finish voting, visit vendors, available round table sessions, and other fun activities (to be announced)
- 4:00pm - 7:00pm: Ballroom will be closed while it is being set up for the banquet. Go see some sights or freshen up for dinner
- 7:00pm - 9:00pm: Awards Banquet *
- 9:00pm - 10:00pm: remove cookie displays, etc.
Sugar ShowAll attendees are eligible to enter the Sugar Show, and all skill levels are welcome and encouraged to enter. Voting will take place among the attendees, and cash prizes will be awarded to the first three places in each category. First place in each category will receive $100, Second Place $75 and third place $50. There will also be a Presenters' Choice Award given by each of our guest instructors, for even more winners.
You are allowed to submit one entry per category. Each entry may have multiple cookies, but must contribute to a single "design" and may not have more than 6 total cookies. For example, a 3D cookie composition would be allowed. Also, a "main" cookie with some supportive cookies nearby would be allowed. Likewise, a pair of cookies that "go together" would also be allowed. All multiple-cookie entries must be placed together so that it is obvious that it is a single entry.
Finally one more clarification. The cookies will be judged based on the design only - NOT the taste. No cookies will actually be eaten at the event :)
Click here to learn more about other fun activities available at CookieCon!
* Dress code for the Awards Banquet is casual. Wear what's comfortable. Also, if you will be attending, please contact us with any special diatary needs you may have. If you let us know we can provide you with a gluten-free, vegetarian, or vegan option.