Tickets can be purchased securely online from KarensCookies.net starting October 26, 2016 at 7pm MDT. T icket price will be $279. The link for tickets (not available yet) will be here:
We are limited to 450 spots.
For more information about the registration date, refunds, etc. please click here.
Registration FeeThe registration fee for the convention is $279. For your registration fee, you will receive:
Keynote SpeakerWhen Katy Metoyer stepped into that main ballroom with a handful of her 'virtual' friends at 'Cookie Con 2014' as a newbie, she had NO idea what the next three years would bring. There were hundreds of people who shared the exact same love for cookies as she did, it was a total dream. A little nervous, a little shy and a little star-struck she decided embrace the experience and dive in.
The saying 'My Cookie Friends Are Real' was coined back then but it only really began as she ended that fabulous weekend after bonding with friends from all across the country and around the world. Sharing techniques, asking advice and leaning on each other for professional and emotional support, this was her new community. This common interest bound them tight in more ways than just cookies.
After experiencing a sudden loss, she dove into cookies as a sort of therapy. As her world went upside down, her cookie friends were never far. This is her journey of friendship, camaraderie, support and love within the cookie community. Opening herself up to new possibilities, friendships and adventures.
Katy lives in Hermosa Beach, California. She is a wife and a Mom to two boys. When she's not in her cookie studio, she loves paddle boarding to visit her town's resident whale, skating, going to the beach and watching her son play baseball.
Katy claims to be 'no artist' and she doesn't do cookies for the recognition, fame or popularity. She does it to express herself and help herself heal through decorating but mostly to bond with her cookie friends.
Her Cookie Friends are Real.
Tentative Schedule (subject to change)Thursday March 9th
- 12:00pm (tentative): Vendor set-up
- 1:00pm - 5:00pm: Check-in, meet and greet, hotel check-in, and set up cookie show entries in upstairs, pre-function area. Also available: First Timer Orientation (time TBA), Ice Breaker Activities.
- 6:00pm - 7:30pm: Welcome, Keynote Speech, Introductions, Housekeeping
Friday March 10th
Vendors will be available during the day to visit between classes. Attendees will be given schedules with specific classes in each of the time slots below. All attendees will be given the opportunity to go to each presenter's class. This will be an intense but fun day, full of great instruction, demos, and presentations.
- 6:00am - 8:00am: Vendor Booth Set-up
- 8:00am - 8:45am: Late comer registration and Cookie Show set-up (2nd Floor Event Area)
- 9:00am - 9:45am: First Class
- 10:00am - 10:45am: Second Class
- 11:00am - 11:45pm: Third Class
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm: Fourth Class
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm: Break for Lunch
- 2:00pm - 2:45pm: Fifth Class
- 3:00pm - 3:45pm: Sixth Class
- 4:00pm - 4:45pm: Seventh Class
- 5:00pm - 5:45pm: Eighth Class
Saturday March 11th
- 7:00am - 8:00am: Vendor Booth Set-up
- 8:00am - 4:00pm: Open Decorating, decorate mystery shape for contest (optional), finish voting, visit vendors, available round table sessions, and other fun activities
- 4:00pm - 7:00pm: Ballroom will be closed while it is being set up for the banquet. Go see some sights or freshen up for dinner
- 7:00pm - 9:00pm: Awards Banquet *
- 9:00pm - 10:00pm: remove cookie displays, etc.
Sugar ShowAll attendees are eligible to enter the Sugar Show, and ALL SKILL LEVELS are welcome and encouraged to enter. We offer a competition as an incentive (cash prizes can help pay for your trip!) HOWEVER, the competition is a minor part of the show. The real excitement and joy of the show is seeing all of the different decorating styles, mediums, and creativity. This year we are introducing NEW and EXCITING incentives for entering, AND a very special new non-competitive category! Read on for details...
Voting will take place among the attendees, and cash prizes will be awarded to the first three places in each category. First place in each category will receive $100, Second Place $75 and third place $50. There will also be a Presenters' Choice Award given by each of our guest instructors, for even more winners.
In addition to a “random draw” prize for each category, this year we have even more incentives for entering the sugar show. Stay tuned for details!
The Collaborative Cookie Village:
This year we are constructing a collaborative "Cookie Town"! This category will include all the incentives for participation, but will NOT BE JUDGED. The biggest reward for participating in this category is enjoying the magic that happens when we all come together to create the largest collaborative cookie display ever! Come back soon for details, and cookie building templates!
You are allowed to submit one entry per category. Each entry may have multiple cookies, but must contribute to a single "design" and may not have more than 6 total cookies. For example, a 3D cookie composition would be allowed. Also, a "main" cookie with some supportive cookies nearby would be allowed. Likewise, a pair of cookies that "go together" would also be allowed. All multiple-cookie entries must be placed together so that it is obvious that it is a single entry.
Finally one more clarification. The cookies will be judged based on the design only - NOT the taste. No cookies will actually be eaten at the event :)
Click here to learn more about other fun activities available at CookieCon!
* Dress code for the Awards Banquet is casual. Wear what's comfortable. Also, if you will be attending, please contact us with any special diatary needs you may have. If you let us know we can provide you with a gluten-free, vegetarian, or vegan option.